Tuesday, January 7, 2014

DAILY CREATIVITY ~ day 7


For feeling crummy, it was a fairly creative day.  I got sucked into the Pintrest hole over the weekend and found an awesome tutorial on how to transfer photocopies onto painting surfaces. I thought I'd play around in my art program before committing paint to canvas.  Here's my friend Danny.

I'm planning on making a series of small shrines of various outcasts in society...gypsies, circus freaks.  Maybe a few specific people.  Outcasts stir the pot.  Whether we like them or not, they get us thinking.  Show us alternatives to the norm.  Jesus was an outcast.

I also cut into the Russian Tea soap I made yesterday and WOWZA!  My husband said it smells just like spiced tea in the house.  WIN!


After cutting that last loaf up, I realized that I am addicted to soapmaking....so I made another batch: Lover's Lullaby, named after a song from of one of my favorite musicians, Janis Ian.  Here's the top:


It has lavender, vanilla, cinnamon, benzoin and a hint of bergamot.  Sounds weird.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment